Stay healthy with these simple tips:
A healthy lifestyle isn’t that hard to achieve. Start with these basic tips for getting into good shape and staying there:
- Energy. For more energy that lasts longer, avoid sugar and eat foods like lentils, soybeans, couscous, and dried fruits.
- Water. Make sure that you drink plenty of water every day to replenish and cleanse your body.
- Happiness. Pop a single chocolate kiss into your mouth. They’ve been shown to raise endorphin levels and make you feel better. Just don’t go overboard; a full bag won’t make you feel any better than just one.
- Digestion. Add some ginger to your recipes. Ginger has been used since ancient times to help digestion and cleanse the body.
- Exercise. After age 30, people begin to lose muscle mass and weight-bearing exercises become increasingly important.
- Nutrition. Eat 1 cup of yogurt per day. In one study, women who ate 1 cup of yogurt per day for six months got fewer yeast infections.
Coffee, Tea, and The Benefits for Better Mental Health A cup of coffee or tea helps many people wake up in the morning, but they may also have health benefits later in life, according to recent research reported in Scientific American.
One project by the National Institutes of Health studied the relationship between different kinds of beverages and depression, and found that coffee consumption was associated with slightly lower rates of self-reported depression.
A Chinese study found that adults who drink tea on a regular basis had a smaller risk of depression.
Other research suggests that caffeine may play a role in preventing cognitive decline, but the evidence remains inconclusive.